Certification: PCGS Grade: MS 70
Year: 2021 Brand/Mint: U.S. Mint
Strike Type: Business Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
Coin: American Eagle Composition: Silver
Precious Metal Content per Unit: 1 oz
2021 $1 Type 1 American Silver Eagle PCGS MS70 FS Flag Label
Now is the time to complete your silver collection with the impeccable 2021 Silver American Eagle $1 Coin PCGS MS 70 First Strike (Flag Label) from Bullion Exchanges. The first design of the US Mint Gold and Silver Eagle coin series is now complete with the release of this 2021 Silver American Eagle. This Silver Eagle is made with 1 troy oz of .999 fine silver and graded a perfect MS 70 by PCGS with a special edition Flag label. The US Mint is ready to begin their newly designed American Eagle coins after this 2021 release, so finish your John Mercanti reverse collection of American Silver Eagles now before they fly off forever!
This bullion coin series began in 1986, and this first program is now a complete 1986-2020 set for the gold and silver American Eagles. The original 1986 design was an updated image inspired by the silver half dollar of the early to mid-1900s. On the reverse was the Great Seal of the US, which has been used on American coinage since 1792. The seal signifies strength through peace. However, for the 35th anniversary, the US Mint created a new reverse for the American Gold and Silver Eagles to be released later in the year. This Silver Eagle's design remains the same, making this the last new release to ever display the John Mercanti US National Coat of Arms on the reverse.
The obverse for the American Silver Eagle bears the classic Adolph A Weinman design “Walking Liberty.” This was found on the silver half-dollar from 1916-1947 and was reimagined for this coin. Lady Liberty marches forward to the setting sun with oak and laurel branches in her left arm. She outstretches her right arm to the horizon with the American flag over her shoulders.
The reverse displays the US National Coat of Arms as designed by John Mercanti. The American Bald Eagle with its wings spread apart holds a bundle of arrows and an olive branch in its talons. It also carries a banner from its beak that reads the US motto "E Pluribus Unum", and the shield on its chest is embellished with the US flag. Thirteen stars lie above the eagle to reference the original colonies. Inscriptions regarding the coin's weight, purity, denomination, and country are positioned around the rim.
- Final Silver Eagle with the original reverse design
- Made from .999 fine silver with a weight of 1 troy ounce
- Graded by PCGS as MS 70 with the First Strike label
- Special Edition American Flag printed on the label
- Face value of $1 USD backed by the US Government
- Obverse: Features a full-length image of Lady Liberty walking with outstretched hands towards the rising sun with her gown and the draped flag billowing around her. She holds oak and laurel branches in one hand to symbolize peace and strength. Inscriptions: “IN GOD WE TRUST,” “LIBERTY,” and the year of mintage.
- Reverse: Bears the US national coat of arms with a bald eagle carrying an olive branch and arrows in its talons. Thirteen stars are positioned above the eagle that wears a shield with the US flag on its chest. Inscriptions: "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA", "E PLURIBUS UNUM", "1 OZ", "FINE SILVER", and "ONE DOLLAR".