Certification: NGC Grade: MS70
Year: 2021 Brand/Mint: U.S. Mint
Coin: American Eagle Fineness: 0.999
Strike Type: Business Strike Country/Region of Manufacture: United States
Precious Metal Content per Unit: 1 oz Composition: Silver
2021 $1 American silver eagle Type 1 MS70 Early releases NGC:
What makes these 2021 dated coins so significant is that they will be the final silver eagles to feature John Mercantis Heraldic eagles design that appears on the reverse. The U.S. Mint had announced that 2020 would be the last year to feature the design, although in the fall it was confirmed that it would begin its production run 2021 dated brilliant uncirculated bullion eagles with john Mercantis original reverse design. This coin was given a type-1 pedigree to note that it bears the original Mercanti heraldic eagle reverse design, It represents a monumental year for the silver eagle series with a first and a last in the same year of the mints popular coin.
2021 $1 American Silver Eagle Type 1 MS70 Early Releases NGC
Why is the American Silver Eagle one of the most collected coins in the world? Is it because of its United States provenance and guaranteed silver purity? Or maybe it’s due to its 35 years of history, originating in the Reagan administration as a way to spur private silver ownership? Perhaps it’s a result of the coin’s stunning combination of Adolph A. Weinman’s classic Walking Liberty with John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle? There’s only one clear answer: It’s because of ALL those reasons — and more!
Final Release of John Mercanti’s Heraldic Eagle
What makes these 2021-dated coins so significant is that they will the final Silver Eagles to feature John Mercanti’s Heraldic Eagles design that appears on the reverse. The U.S. Mint had announced that 2020 would be the last year to feature the design, but in the fall it confirmed that it would begin its production run of 2021 dated Brilliant Uncirculated bullion Silver Eagles with John Mercanti’s original reverse design, and complete the 2021 run with the new reverse design. This coin was given a Type-1 pedigree to note that it bears the original Mercanti Heraldic Eagle Reverse design. It represents a monumental year for the Silver Eagle Series with a first and a last in the same year of the Mint’s most popular coin!
Plus, each 2021 American Silver Eagle available here has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as being in flawless Uncirculated Mint State-70 (MS70) condition, a distinction that means these perfectly-graded coins have ZERO imperfections — showing all features and fields exactly as the engraver and mint intended. In addition, NGC has also certified that these Silver Eagles are Early Releases (ER) coins, a designation that means they were received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within the first 30 days of their release.
- WEINMAN’S CLASSIC WALKING LIBERTY . . .— Adolph A. Weinman’s iconic Walking Liberty design first made its debut on the 1916 half dollar, lasting three decades before bowing out in 1947. In 1986, this iconic image was reborn for the Silver Eagle with her exquisitely detailed beauty remaining on the coin ever since.
- . . . PAIRED FOR THE FINAL TIME WITH JOHN MERCANTI’S HERALDIC EAGLE! – This coin's stoic and symbolic heraldic eagle was created by designer John Mercanti — the most prolific coin and medal designer in United States Mint history! This will be the LAST time the U.S. Mint will use this design and will replace it with a new reverse later in 2021.
- EXPERTLY STRUCK IN HIGHLY PURE SILVER – The craftspeople of the U.S. Mint are known around the world for their skill and attention to detail. It's this talent that transforms each one-ounce planchet of 99.9% fine silver into a beautiful piece of numismatic art.
- U.S. LEGAL TENDER – Each 2021 Silver Eagle bullion coin is one dollar United States of America legal tender, as seen on the coin’s reverse.
- PERFECT UNCIRCULATED CONDITION – Your 2021 American Silver Eagles has been graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) in perfect Mint State-70 (MS70) condition.
- TYPE 1 DESIGNATION – This coin was given the Type-1 pedigree to note that it bears the original Mercanti Heraldic Eagle Reverse design.