2006-W 1 oz Proof Gold Buffalo (w/Box & COA)
In 2006, the first Gold Buffalo coins were released, seeing immediate popularity for its .9999 fine Gold content. These Proof Gold Buffalos are even more appealing, with a mirrorlike finish adding further beauty to the beloved design.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Packaged in a U.S. Mint issued box with the certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: James Earle Fraser's classic portrait of a Native American in profile, as first seen on the Buffalo Nickel in 1913.
- Reverse: An American Buffalo, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.